Sunday 8 April 2012

Were you Mass Effected or unaffected?


The title of this blog says a lot to those who have seen any of the stories about the ending of Mass Effect 3.

Warning here be spoilers!


In some ways there are a lot of things that people have said that I agree with but this summer it looks like the most troubling ones will be fixed. The “Extended Cut” as they are calling it will hopefully tell me what happened to all those crew members that I have shared 100+ hours with.

For me not knowing the fate of all my crew really upset me, the endings to the story itself would have been fine if I didn't know they were all the same regardless of choice, but the internet broke that illusion. Overall the experience of the game was great and the moments between my renegade femshep and her love interest from MS2 Garrus were really touching.

The games as a whole are probably my favourite franchise out there, the world is fully realised and all the “extended universe” stuff will keep me going until another game appears, even if my Shepard won't be making a return!?

At some point I will be doing a Mass Effect marathon as a paragon malshep (Male Shepard), but will wait for some DLC and the aforementioned extended cut before I take up that challenge.

However the multiplayer keeps calling to me and the various challenge weekends are keeping it fresh. My only gripes are about other players, but then multiplayer games will never drum out stupid/useless people.

Plus it looks like new additions are on the way and I really can't wait.

So did some minor ending issues put you off the whole franchise, or did you just ignore the prequels and hold the originals close to your heart...wait went off topic there for a moment, but I hope you got my unsubtle point.

As always please let me know what you think, though you are probably sick of the Mass Effect 3 "bs" by now.

Up next a portal cake meme and an arrow in the knee joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment